Learn how Shuttleworth provided a solution for a food manufacturer facing a challenge during the kit building process for trayed food kits including juice boxes.
- Customer desired a gentle form of de-casing and transporting of juice boxes from cartons that minimized scuffing or damage on the product
- Ability to properly orient the product for easy load into lunch kits
- The system must be wash-down
- Straw-side must be facing up as to avoid any product mishandling
- A fully-automated solution that provided the de-casing, orienting, and combining of juice boxes into one lane prior to kit packing.
- Operator-controlled overhead retractable blade stop with vacuum head used to lift boxes so the operator can easily remove the case
- Separate conveyors and elevations used to waterfall the product into proper position for transportation
- Slip torque conveyor coupled with both rollers and used to gently accumulate and divert product into separate lanes on a single conveyor surface
- Pneumatic blade stops and guides used to combine juice boxes into single-lane for preparation of kit building
- An integrated solution that smoothly transports, orients, and combines juice boxes in preparation for the kit building at a rate of 156 products per minute
- Slip-torque conveyor and 180-degree turn gave the customer a compact design with a minimal operational footprint
- Shuttleworth’s conveyor with our patented Slip-Torque roller technology gently handled and eliminated any potential scuffing on the product – increasing product quality during the kit building process
Watch our solution in action!